Where to Buy Lacquerware? – 9 Bagan Lacquerware Shops
LIST OF 9 BEST BAGAN LACQUERWARE SHOPS FOR YOUR BAGAN TRAVEL
1. Chan Thar Lacquerware Workshop
The first shopping destination you can take consideration when buying lacquer ware in Bagan is the Chan Thar Lacquer ware Workshop where you can find a wide selection of lacquer ware ranging from kitchenware to ornamental items.
- Location: Main Road, Myin Ka Par, Bagan.
2. Ever Stand Lacquerware Workshop
Ever Stand Lacquerware Workshop is another good choice for you to get a suitable gift. Lacquerware items here are impressive not only because of its charming beauty but also of its reasonable price.
- Location: Between Old Bagan & Nyaung Oo.,Wetkyi-in Village.
3. Golden Bagan Lacquerware Shop
Among the best lacquer ware shopping destination in Bagan, the Golden Bagan Lacquerware Shop is also a good place to pick some of the outstanding laccquerware products. Like other shops in Bagan, the shop offers you a numerous items with different sizes and designs for you to choose.
- Location: Khaye Main Road, New Bagan.
4. Golden Cuckoo Lacquerware Workshop
Golden Cuckoo is one of the most highlighted sources of Bagan lacquerware shops runned by a family which has lived with this work for 4 generations. The best products here are cups, bowls, plates and trays. The proprietors of the shop can speak English very well and willing to help you understand the process of making lacquerware.
- Location: Myin Ka Par Village, Bagan.
5. Moe Moe Family Lacquerware
For consumers who are serious about lacquerware, the Moe Moe Family Lacquerware Workshop is defintely a perfect Bagan laccquerware shop. Both traditional and modern pieces are displayed in the spacious showroom. Although the factory is busy all day, proprietors can still show you how the lacquer is made.
- Opening Hours: 09:00-21:00
- Location: Main Road, Ywar Thit Quarter, New Bagan.
6. Shwe La Yaung Lacquerware Shop and Store
The people behind the Shwe La Yaung Lacquerware Shop and Store know that it is all about the laccquerware than its funtionality. The intricately designed merchandise of this shopping destination also tells stories, often those of love and astrology (a prominent feature of their lacquerware is the mythical bird named Hintha). The store’s best-selling products include small finger bowls and bucket-sized betel-nut canisters.
- Location: South Quarter, Myinkaba, Bagan.
7. Shwe War Thein Handicrafts Shop
As one of the best souvenir shops in the region, Shwe War Thein is place to see the truly exquisite items. The main products here are puppets (antique and new), wood carvings, chess sets, lacquerware, bronze pieces and gems. The staff members are also very passionate about what they sell but never make pressure on customers.
- Opening Hours: 07:00-21:00
- Location: East of Tharabar Gate, Taung Be Village, Old Bagan.
8. Tun Handcrafted Lacquerware
Tun Handcrafted Lacquerware is another recommended bagan laccquerware shop for you. Handmade artifacts of lacquerware sold here are suitable to be used as accessories or for home decoration. Many other kinds of items surely will make you impressed.
- Location: 6/1 Khan Laung Quarter.
9. U Ba Nyein Lacquerware Workshop
Just like Moe Moe shop, U Ba Nyein Lacquerware Workshop offers a large showroom to display the best items they sell such as cups, ashtrays to vases, jewelry boxes and furniture (lacquer tables and chairs). This is one of the most popular bagan laccquerware shops in the ancient city.
- Opening Hours: 09:00-21:00
- Location: Main Road, Myo Thit, Bagan.
Your question form
Please fill up the below question form if you need any further information or assistance. We are willing to send you our answers within 24 hours and provide you necessary documents if require.